Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:36 AM
New Details Surrounding the Death of Prince RevealedBy: Monya Fleming
It's almost been a year since the tragic death of Prince, who died of an accidental overdose at the age of 57. Newly unsealed search warrants give insight into the days leading up to the singer's death, detailing the medications found in Prince's home that were not prescribed to him.
Investigators released eleven search warrants on Monday that shed light on Prince's accidental overdose. The warrants show that controlled substances were discovered in different parts of the Paisley Park complex. Some pills were found in vitamin bottles, some in suitcases, others were found in of 'Aleve' and 'Bayer' bottles.
Several medications were prescribed to Prince under the name of Kirk Johnson, his longtime friend, bodyguard, and assistant. Johnson reportedly told authorities who responded to the scene that Prince was dealing with opioid abuse and withdrawl. He also said that Prince had said he was 'not feeling well' hours before he died.
Authorities found several prescription medications in Prince's home that were kept in Ziploc bags and envelopes. A pamphlet on weaning off of drugs was also found.
An insider in the investigation of the singer's death revealed that pills seized at Prince's home were labeled as hydrocodone but actually contained fentanyl, which is the drug that led to his death.
Authorities also found Vicodin and Percocet in various locations in the residence. Investigators were told by witnesses that Prince "recently had a history of going through withdrawals which are believed to be the result of abuse of prescription medication."
The warrants also showed that Prince's physician, Dr Michael Todd Schulenberg, prescribed him oxycodone under his bodyguard Kirk Johnson's name, to protect the singer's privacy. The prescription was written six days before Prince's death, when he overdosed on a plane heading home from a concert in Atlanta. First responders revived him that time with two doses of a drug that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
Prince was found dead in the elevator of his Paisley Park home in Chanhassen, Minnesota on April 21, 2016, after he ingested the fatal amount of fentanyl.
Thus far, no one has been charged in connection with his death but authorities say the investigation is still open and active.
Join Our Weekly
Or Daily Newsletters!
Entertainment - 11:49 AM
Will Kevin Gates Be Getting Out Of Jail Anytime Soon?
Entertainment - 10:43 AM
"LHHATL" Star Rasheeda Opens Up About Postpartum Depression & Impact On Her Marriage
Entertainment - 12:50 PM
Here’s How Carmelo Anthony Reportedly Justified Cheating + More Details on Side Chick
Entertainment - 8:38 AM
See How Comedians D.L. Hughley & George Lopez Honored Charlie Murphy
Entertainment - 5:56 AM
Are Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Back Together? [VIDEO]
Entertainment - 9:49 AM
La La and Carmelo Anthony reach custody agreement for 10-year-old son Kiyan
Entertainment - 10:39 AM
La La and Carmelo Anthony’s Separation Just Got Messier
Entertainment - 12:26 PM
"Power" Returns For Season 4: Check Out Dramatic Sneak Preview [VIDEO]
SAT, JUN 17TH 2017
Noble Rey Brewing Company
SUN, APR 30TH 2017
Parties/ Happy Hours
FRI, JUL 21ST 2017
SAT, MAY 20TH 2017
Cimarron Park Recreation Center
Send To Friends